YUMCHI collects the following information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (name, email, mailing address, telephone number, demographics);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email);
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, or other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
If you ask us to provide goods to you, we will use your information to provide those goods to you and to monitor our provision of those goods. By providing us with your telephone number or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive.
If you wish to take part in any promotion, competition or prize draw run through the Website, we will also use your information for the purposes specified in the promotion, competition or prize draw, to make sure you are eligible to enter the promotion, competition or prize draw, to contact you if you have won a prize and for publicity purposes.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers’ behaviour and other similar information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you do so, note that some parts of the site may not function properly. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Google Analytics cookie types used: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is collected in an anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visted. You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
YUMCHI collects and uses users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use our site.
- To improve our site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer content, a promotion, a survey or other site feature: To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: The email address users provide for order processing, newsletter submissions or to respond to their enquiries and/or questions.
MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
If you subscribe to receive our email newsletters you may need to register an account with us by submitting your email address. We will provide those newsletter(s) to you free of charge, unless otherwise stated. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from an email newsletter you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions on the newsletter.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Neither YUMCHI nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this Website including any of your information.