RECIPE: Kimchi Quesadillas
These latin inspired snacks never fail to hit the spot. Whoever the guest, it's always a winner.
Hard cheese like English Cheddar, grated
YUMCHI Napa Cabbage Kimchi, to taste
High burning-temperature oil like rapeseed or groundnut, cold pressed is best
1. Lay out the tortilla, generously sprinkle with cheese
2. Top cheese with kimchi, as much as you like, even out nicely. Cover with another tortilla, like a sandwich.
3. Heat oil on high heat - plenty of oil, enough to generously cover the bottom of the pan
4. When oil hot, lightly place quesadilla on the pan. Fry for 2 minutes.
Not before oil hot cause that'll make it greasy and you want CRISPY
Don't throw it on there, you'll just end up with oil splashing everywhere. My friend did this the other day and had to sit through dinner holding frozen peas.
5. Flip over and fry for further 2 mins.
6. Cut up into bite-size pieces and serve immediately.
Delight in the melted cheese oozing out and it's the perfect balance with the tanginess of kimchi.